Village School Mission Statement
The Village School helps children develop their talents, celebrates their uniqueness, and champions cooperative learning.
We believe in:
- the ongoing learning and discovery in children’s play.
- nurturing children’s innate connection to nature.
- providing time for each student to develop their capacities, by learning with, and understanding, their bodies, feelings and minds.
- learning from mistakes, trying and trying again. Skills are acquired through persistence, effort and hard work.
- modeling kindness; learning takes place when children feel accepted and respected
- noticing, respecting, and honoring differences, while celebrating all we have in common.
- cooperation; we are always stronger together.
- building community through multi-age classrooms and interactions between children of all ages.
- each student developing responsible independence, confident in their ability to work on their own and to thrive in a group.