We welcome visitors to The Village School. Here is the simple process for Preschool admissions:
- Parent and child visit. We want you to become acquainted with the school, and to observe a typical Preschool morning. Plan to spend the morning from 9:00 to 11:00. Please call the school to schedule an appointment.
- During the morning visit, your child will participate, and you can observe the class. Please talk to the Preschool teachers at recess time; this is the opportunity to ask questions and to tell us about your child.
- To become further acquainted with the school, visit the Director or Curriculum Director in the office while your child is here for his or her Preschool visit.
- Admission. If the Preschool director determines that your child is ready for the Preschool class, you will be given an Application. After the application is received and it is determined that there is space in the class, you will be give a Contract. When the Contract is returned to the office with the deposit, your child is officially enrolled in the Preschool class.
- Once the Contract is received and your child is enrolled, a packet of forms, including the Parent Handbook, will be sent to you in July, including a medical record form to be filled out by your child’s doctor. By state law, all Preschool and Kindergarten children are not allowed to start school if the Mass. school health record is not on file. If your child has not had a current physical, you may need to make an appointment with his or her doctor before September, in order for the doctor to fill out the form.
If there is no space currently available in the Preschool, your child’s name will be put on the waiting list.
The Village School does not have support services for children with special needs. It is the parents’ responsibility to request support services from their local school district.