We are looking for a part-time music teacher.
The Village School is seeking a part-time music teacher for preschool through 6th grade singing and recorder classes. Music is an integral part of our school culture, and is valued and supported by staff, students, and parents.
- Teach weekly music classes with lots of singing for preschool through 6th grade
- Teach weekly group recorder lessons for kindergarten through 6th grade
- Select music that fits with theme-based curriculum and seasonal events
- Integration of basic music theory, history, and culture
- Evaluation of students’ progress through written reports
- Documentation of lesson plans
- Regular meetings with teachers and staff
- Occasional evening performances, plays, and other events
The school also has an established after school music program with lessons available on a variety of instruments. Part of the music teacher position could involve directing the after school music program, and/or teaching private lessons after school.
- Bachelor’s degree in music education, or related field strongly preferred
- Teaching and classroom management skills essential
- Ability to communicate well with students, parents, and staff
- Excellent organizational skills
This position is one day a week for 8 hours, with a possible second day of 2 hours, plus occasional evenings. This includes the option of additional hours for after school lessons. Pay is commensurate with training and experience. Find more information about the school at villageschoolma.org.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com